Norby makes it simple to personalize SMS and email messages sent through our Sends feature using variables.
You can include variables in your message without needing to memorize the variable syntax or interrupt your workflow. Simply type in "@" to reveal a list of User variables and Content variables to choose from. This action pulls data from your contacts, events, and/or signups so that you can insert specific information based on the recipient.
If there's no name on file for the recipient, they'll see "Hi friend" as the default greeting.
- Within a text block type in "@"
- Click on Select Token and a drop-down will appear that lists User variables and Content variables which pull data from your contacts, events, and/or signups.
- Under User variables, click on First Name.
- Then add a Default Value that will display if you don't have a recipient's first name in your contact list. (ex. friend - If there's no name on file for the recipient, they'll see "Hi friend" as the default greeting.)
- Your message will then look like this:
Send the event join link in an event start notification
If you've set an event URL for your virtual event, users can click through directly from your email or SMS notification.
- When selecting a token, select Join URL
Link users to the event signup page
Drive users back to the signup page for your event for further details.
- When selecting a token, select Page URL